Skip to content

Surgery Door
Search our Site
Tip: Try using OR to broaden your
search e.g: Cartilage or joints

Vascular specialists in the UK

Vascular specialists treat problems related to the arteries and veins in the body. One of the most common problems that they deal with is  the treatment of varicose veins. Some vein specialists are vascular surgeons; others may be radiologists, dermatologists or phlebologists (physicians who specialise in the treatment of vein disorders) who have developed expertise in the non-surgical treatment of varicose veins using techniques such as laser ablation, EVLT (Endovenous Laser Treatment) and ELVeS (Endolaser Vein System).

The professional body in the UK which represents vascular surgeons and supervises the training of vascular surgeons is the Royal College of Surgeons. There is also a  European Society for Vascular Surgery.


Featured surgeons