Skip to content

Surgery Door
Search our Site
Tip: Try using OR to broaden your
search e.g: Cartilage or joints

Private paediatricians and child health specialists in the UK

A paediatrician is a doctor or physician who deals with illnesses and ailments in children, from birth to adolescence. These may be acute illnesses such as asthmatic attacks or may be more chronic illnesses such as childhood epilepsy. It is important to remember that conditions in children may require different methods of treatment to those used with adults. 

A paediatrician may deal with general child health and development or they might become specialised in a particular disease or condition. A consultant paediatrician who specialises may be known as a consultant paediatrician with a special interest in a particular medical sub-speciality such as neurology or endocrinology. 

The consultant paediatrician will usually have MRCP or FRCP qualifications (Member or Fellow of one of the Royal Colleges of Physicians) and may have FRCPCH (Fellow of the The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health) after his/her name. 

Paediatricians may be a member of The British Association of Paediatric Surgeons, The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health, or the International Paediatric Association

Featured paediatricians