Skip to content

Surgery Door
Search our Site
Tip: Try using OR to broaden your
search e.g: Cartilage or joints

Oncologists and cancer specialists in the UK

An oncologist is a doctor who specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.  Some oncologists may specialise in a particular area of cancer treatment such as paediatric oncologists. Oncologists deal with the use of radiotherapy or drugs (chemotherapy) to treat cancer and may work closely with a surgeon who specialises in cancer treatment (a surgical oncologist). A clinical oncologist will administer radiotherapy treatment.

The professional body in the UK which is involved in the setting of standards in clinical practice, and education and training of oncologistsis The Royal College of Physicians. The Association of Cancer Physicians represents the interests of Medical Oncologists in the UK.


Featured oncologists and cancer specialists