Tips to avoid condensation
- Cover pans when cooking and don’t leave kettles boiling unnecessarily.
- Avoid using paraffin or bottled gas heaters - they produce a litre of water for every litre of fuel used.
- Dry washing outside whenever possible - or hang it in the bathroom with the door closed and a window open or extractor fan on.
- Vent any tumble dryers outside unless it’s a self-condensing type that doesn't need a venting kit.
- When bathing or cooking close the door to the rest of the house and open a window to let the steam out.